The 2022-23 PA budget includes an historic billion-dollar investment in public education. PA Schools Work is grateful for the governor’s leadership and the bipartisan work of the Legislature in creating the conditions that made this investment possible. The important work of fighting for funding to meet the needs of all Pennsylvania public school students will continue.
It is an indication of how large the school funding gap has become that this significant investment in state dollars does not come close to what is needed to eliminate Pennsylvania’s public school funding gap.
The 2022-23 PA State Budget includes the following:
- Basic Education Funding: $750 million increase, including $225 million in Level Up Funding to the 100 school districts with the greatest need
- Special Education Funding: $100 million increase
- Career & Technical Education Funding: $6.1 million increase
- School-Based Mental Health Services: $100 million
- School Safety and Security: $100 million
PA Schools Work Applauds Budget Agreement, Urges Continued Commitment to Pennsylvania Students
HARRISBURG (July 8 2022) — PA Schools Work, a non-partisan coalition of organizations representing the state’s urban, suburban, and rural communities hailed the education funding increases contained in the 2022-23 state budget just passed by the PA General Assembly. – READ MORE